So you’ve decided on a homesite and the perfect home plan, you’re starting from scratch, now what?
We at Bill Clark Homes know that picking the “right” home is just the beginning of the new home journey. That is why our design team is here to help! Our design professionals are here to guide each and every new buyer(s) through the process of selecting everything for THEIR new home.
It’s important to be prepared for this meeting. For some the design meeting is the most exciting part of building a new home. All those hours spent on Pinterest dreaming of what their next home will look like, will soon pay off.
BUT, to others the idea of picking out every single thing can be overwhelming (but it doesn’t have to be). Like with any situation, preparation can help ease most fears.
SIDE NOTE: In the event you really are not interested making all these selections, you can choose from one of our available homes that have been pre-selected by our incredible design team and take any guesswork out of the homebuying process.
Here are some helpful tips (and questions) from our pros to get started:
- Who is going to live in the home? Ages, hobbies, interests?
- How is the home going to be used? … Do you need a home office, home gym, media room, craft room?
- What is your design style? … Coastal, traditional, modern, etc.?
- What color palette appeals to you the most? … cool tones (blues, greens, grays), warm tones (yellows, oranges, reds), neutrals (whites, tans, taupes)
- What is your budgetary goal?
Our team will help take your info and vision to create a living space that you will love for years to come.
Just be sure to remember, while very talented, our designers are not mind readers. So don’t forget to speak up if there are certain “must haves” or things that you have seen in our model homes that you really want to include in your home!
Check out our design gallery for ideas.